BASTARDS ONE AND ALL
I would like to thank Eugene from the Late Great State of Nevada ( where whores are expensive and sheep are nervous ) for the extra generous holiday donation. The wife says thanks for her half ( I’m pretty tight with an allowance so she doesn’t always have her own spending money ). And to Nova, thank so very much for the book. When you send me a book, you automatically are expunged from the Official Bison Liquidation List, even if you are from California. This is a very coveted prize, needless to say. He is the author of “American Apocalypse”. Now, as fate would have it, I had ordered that very book last month and read it the day before Christmas. His copy arrived too late. I don’t bring this up to appear ungrateful, because outside of, say, an instruction book on gay marriage I’m happy to get any and all printed material. I bring it up because when I spend my own cash on a book it had better be worth it. If the book is free I can be a bit more forgiving. If I bought it myself and I loved it, that is the highest praise I can deliver ( an otherwise acceptable book might fail my frugal test ). I loved “AA”. It is an economic collapse novel, and thus not exactly a “fire fight away from the stew pot” total collapse story. It is also Book One, so it ends rather abruptly. Perhaps it veers into the militia genre. But all that didn’t matter. I loved it, grade A entertainment. I couldn’t put it down. No training manual, just Doomer Porn. But some of the best I’ve seen recently. Nova, you lazy bastard, hurry up with Book Two. I’ll buy it.
When I make a cavalier, off the cuff remark that everyone is an evil bastard, it is easy to dismiss my ramblings as me just having a bad hair day. You ignore my warning and proceed to send Nigerian telemarketers your Social Security number, fail to buy storage food thinking that Katrina was a one time event and in any emergency the Federales will be throwing MRE cases on your head from a black helicopter, fall in love and ignore a pre-nup agreement, and give the crack dealer the money with his promise he will be right back with your blow. So let me explain in more detail so you can take me seriously. I don’t think that people choose to be evil. 99% of us try to do the right thing. The other 1% are most likely hard wired wrong and don’t realize how bad they are acting. It isn’t that people are trying to do evil, it is that with self interest and justification that is second nature to us, we end up acting evil even as we love ourselves for being such stand up dudes as we are screwing over others.
Let me use my favorite example first, ex-wives. They are always, always, the wronged party. Their husbands might have been guilty of nothing more than failing to bring in enough cash in a collapsing economy, but somehow it is their own fault. Now, as much as I hate bitches that justify screwing you over for two decades even after you put them through school to be a professional and make much more money than you ever could yet they still take half your gross income to punish you for breaking their heart and forcing them to cheat on you, I can see where they are coming from. To 99% of fems, wealth is security. If you don’t bring in the cash you are worthless to them. Even after all agreements to the contrary. To women, cash is love ( and to be fair, with guys sex is love ). This is reality, uncoated by BS. Guys are just as bad as the ladies with justifying poor behavior. Some of you are wired for “strange” and find plenty of excuses to cheat as you try to scratch the itch. Do you really think the Nazi camp guards or Blackwater mercs firing into unarmed crowds think of themselves as evil? Of course not. They are no more racked by guilt than the Highway Patrolman who pulls you over for a taillight malfunction and then ruins your life after finding a marijuana cigarette inside. Everyone justifies their behavior when it comes to putting groceries on the table. Everyone. The pastor who guilts you into a donation ( I thought up a new rip for an overly religious person that takes himself too seriously- having a crucifix up your ass. You know, like the Jarheads that have a broomstick shoved up their butt ), the wife that “loves you but isn’t in love with you” and remarries into more money. Your buddy that can’t pay back your loan for one reason after another.
What makes people so much more dangerous than if they were simply evil is that they think they are doing no harm as they strive to look out after number one. Most folks won’t even admit their behavior is bad. So don’t expect any change. But do expect to get screwed. And come the collapse, that will become much more unpleasant than just being defrauded.